February 24, 2022
I. Call to order
Clarice Ford-Kulah called the meeting to order at 5:00pm with an opening prayer.
II. Roll Call
Present at the meeting were: Diana Freeman, Clarice Ford-Kulah, Erin Thompson, Ricky Cheng
III. Approval of Minutes
Minutes were approved and old business reintroduced.
IV. Old Business
a. Miss Brookwood Pageant-Diana discussed that we have not received our check from Anytime Vote. We also discussed a couple of discrepancies with payments that were made.
b. Miss Brookwood Scholarship Application- Diana asked that we quickly review the scholarship application for the Miss Brookwood Scholarship that she asked us to review days ago. Clarice volunteered to review the application and report back.
V. Senior Activities
a. Erin discussed upcoming Senior Activities-Specific dates, times, number of volunteers needed for Senior Signs, Breakfast, and Picnic will be provided at a later date.
b. Additional Volunteers may be needed for assisting with Senior Letters. Information will be provided soon.
VI. PTSA Mixer- mixer was discussed and it was decided that we ask Mr. Ford to select an available date.
VII. School Donation-It was decided that Diana would make two separate payments for donations requested by Principal Ford. One check will be provided early next week and the other check will follow once we receive our payment from Anytime Vote. This will ensure that our balance does not drop below $10,000.00.
VIII. Budget-Diana reviewed the budget. She highlighted the fact that we need to assist in sponsoring Kona Ice for the teachers. She indicated that we need to first check the price of the Chick-Fil-A biscuits that we normally provide. Once we have the price, we would then subtract from our hospitality balance and then apply the rest to Kona Ice. Clarice agreed to check on the price of the biscuits and report back to the group.
IX. Elections-Diana informed us that Julie, who was unable to attend the meeting, is working to find out whether or not the nominating team needs to meet with the candidates separately prior to the elections. Julie also asked that we meet face-to-face in the media center to conduct our annual elections. The group agreed. We will work on a date for the elections.
X. Question/Answer- A question/answer session was conducted. Ricky asked questions about the manner in which parents are receiving information. He asked that we ensure that all upcoming calendar of events are listed on the website.
Meeting adjourned at 5:46pm.