This Committee will manage the PTSA website and facebook page, and provide PTSA information to the school to distribute by mail, email, or postings on school website.
This committee will assist the teacher representative of the Environmental Club with upkeep of the school garden and other projects as needed.
Helping Hands and Hearts (HHH)- This teacher/student run organization raises money for families in need throughout the Brookwood cluster. Volunteers are needed during the Homecoming Dance to work the Coat Check and in November to count money
Volunteers can choose to send in baked goods and chocolate treats several times a year for the faculty/staff. They may also elect to assist with the Teacher Appreciation lunch during pre-planning week (August) and again in May.
Assist in contacting and securing employers for the Job Fair and provide professionals to help students with their interview skills. Help with set up and clean up that night.
Keeps up with the legislative issues dealing with education on the local, state and national levels.
Assist during Open House and other events to sign-up interested parties and distribute information explaining the many volunteer opportunities.
Help is needed with applications, prizes, decorations, interview tea, ticket sales, backstage help, and publicity. The Miss Brookwood Pageant is the only fundraiser sponsored by the PTSA and takes place in February.
PTSA sponsors this lock-in party for seniors on graduation night at Dave & Buster's @Sugarloaf Mills. Help is needed selling tickets in April & May. Chaperones are also needed the night of the lock-in.
PTSA hosts a breakfast for seniors on the morning of graduation, just prior to graduation practice. Volunteers are needed to donate food. Help is needed with set-up, serving, and clean-up.
BHS hosts a picnic for seniors and at this time the students sign yearbooks. Help is needed with pre-setup, set-up, serving food and clean-up. Dads are also needed to help with coolers. Grandparents welcome too!
The sale of Senior Yard Signs supports our programs for seniors. Help is needed in April to sell the yard signs during lunches and again a few weeks later to distribute the signs.
Check In/Check out: (7:00–9:00am or 8:45-10:45am or 10:30am–12:30pm) Assist with students who check in or check out during peak times, help with student notes and Certificate of Attendance forms.
– Clinic: Assist the medical clinic staff in setting up student records (during the first 2 weeks of school only).
– Extended Lunch Monitor: Assists staff/faculty in monitoring students during Extended Lunch. Duty may be outside or inside the school. Extended lunch is on Tuesday and Thursday, and some Wednesdays.
– Lunch Bunch: Assist in the Check-in/Check-out office and Maroon Gym Desk from 11:00am – 1:00pm so staff can go to lunch.
– Media Center: Help in the Media Center during Extended Lunch. Must be organized and get along well with students. Also needed for inventory in April.
– Testing: Assist as needed to monitor HS Graduation Test and AP Testing. Testing is held in March and May.
- General Volunteers: Called as needed by different PTSA committees and Brookwood High School faculty and staff. These are usually one time opportunities to assist.
To recognize both joyous and unfortunate events of teachers, staff, students, board members, and their immediate families.